Welcome, Royal Readers! This course is all about sparking reading joy, first within ourselves and then in our students. When we're excited and joyful about reading, so are our students. And because it's tough to make time to read during the busy-ness of the school year, let's take some time now to immerse ourselves in great and diverse books so that we can share them with students next year.
Statement of Inquiry: Development of evidence-based practices, with emphasis on all students, leads to systemic change, equitable outcomes, and hopeful futures.
Evidence-Based Practice: Diverse texts and abundant reading opportunities in the school
Here's how to get the most out of our virtual time together this summer:
- Read your 5 books at your own pace and enjoy them!
- Do module 1 right away so we all know who's here and what you're reading.
- Preview all 5 modules before you start so you know what's to come.
- Participate in the online discussions throughout the summer to make it a rich dialogue.
- Engage with each other by commenting on each others' book talks and reading timelines.
Have questions? Don't hesitate to reach out to Lynzie email@example.com or Amber firstname.lastname@example.org for answers.