- Introduction to Graphic Design
- Website Development
Students will develop their own website using wix.com to compile all of their work for this course. Remember to Save and Publish often. Complete the google form to submit your website url. This will be accessed throughout the term.
sign in and password: same as moodle login
Students will also create a hard copy portfolio of their design work.
See student website examples below:
- Photoshop & Illustrator Tutorials
Students will use Creative Suite 6.0 and learn many skills and techniques in Photoshop and Illustrator.
PHOTOSHOP TOOL WORKSHEET
Word and Image Blending
- Logo Designs/Brands and Companies
In this unit, students will develop a Logo that represents themselves. They will incorporate their name or initials somehow. They will identify their target audience and need for their product.
Students will begin by developing a visual identity...A LOGO.
Each student must create and apply their logo to:
- A Business Card
- Their website header
Students can choose 3 additional from the following:
- a package design for their product
- an interactive website with product sales/application
- apparel design/application
- store front application
- print advertisement
- Students wanting to go above and beyond will create a 30 second commercial for their product.
American Brands History Activity
(use the links below & complete the form)
- Traditional Animation: Flipbook
Create a new movie (NAME IT)
Import all images as stills into your movie.
Remove Ken Burns effect on all photos.
Crop all at once.
Adjust time (try .1 or .2 time length)
Duplicate and reuse a batch of images.
Be sure you have close up and distance shots.
Add sound effects. (Free sound effects are best in iMovie)
Add Title and End Slides.
Watch and review.
- Artist Inspired Self Portrait w/a theme
Students will use Photoshop to create a multi-layer image that sends a meaningful message to the viewer.
Formative #1 Trick Photography
Formative #2 Nature Photo Layering
Summative Double Exposure
The image must have:
- at least 10 layers
- include at least 1 image of yourself
- incorporate at least 2 original images
- be mindful of copyrighted images!!!!!!
- Think about Color, Shapes, Elements of Art. What message are you sending about yourself?